Sunday, February 4, 2007

Environmental concerns and solutions

The founding fathers of IIM Kozhikode's now famous campus were definitely visionaries. How else can you explain an educational institution that is built on top of two hills and possesses a magnificent rainwater harvesting system. The system is such that the catchment area at the foothills collects almost all the rainwater that falls on the campus through an efficient drainage system and some traditional and efficient construction practices.

I am almost 8 months into the programme here and had caught only a glimpse the system I just told about, until I read this:

IIM Kozhikode runs on rainwater

2 comments:

:: r A ! n :: said...

hey there!

Congrats on the new blog! :) and thnx for ur comment..

Keep bloggin!

I ve added u too on my list!

Poornima said...

Hey Manan..
Gr8 to see u out here...
Added you to my bookmarks..
Keep blogging!